If there is no power in the monitoring location, only good WiFi coverage?
Then a solar-power wireless security camera will be the best choice.
Today, we will introduce two solar wireless security cameras solutions to meet all your security needs.
If you want a simple solar WiFi security camera to monitor your remote beehives, construction sites, RVs, farms, boats, barns, campgrounds, warehouses or anywhere not far from the grid, please continue reading to get started!
- 2 Solar Wireless Security Camera Solutions to MeetAall Needs
- Solution 1: Solar Powered Wireless IP Camera Bundle
- Solution 2: DIY Solar Powered WiFi Security Camera
- What Defines a Top Solar Powered Wireless Security Camera
- Top 3 Tips to Get Most Use of Outdoor Solar WiFi Cameras
If you want to buy a solar wireless security camera and want to install it easily, you can directly buy a small solar WiFi security camera, which is the best choice.
Or you may buy an additional solar panel to work with the camera. If you already have a non-solar powered WiFi security camera in place or want 24/7 continuous recording, this DIY solar-powered wireless security camera solution is the way to go.
Let’s take a deeper look at how wireless security cameras work.
The best part of this solar wireless security camera is that it is very simple to install, saving you the trouble of burying cables and calculating the right size of solar panels.
To set up this solar wireless security camera system, basically you only need to insert the battery, and then connect the camera to the solar panel with a USB cable.
Then, when you connect the solar wireless security camera to the WiFi network, you may receive an instant alert, access the real-time view anytime, anywhere, and pay attention to things at any time. Some more advanced ones even allow you to listen and talk back with two-way audio functions.
Well, please remember that this mini camera is specially designed for motion detection, which means this solar-powered surveillance camera with motion sensor (only) will record motion events when animals or people pass by.
C1 Wire Free Spotlight Camera
Motion Activated Light & Siren Alarm, Rechargeable Battery Powered, AI Human Detection, Two Way AudioAI Human Detection, Proactive Sound & Siren Alarm, 100ft Color Night Vision, 1TB Hard Drive
Editor’s Note: This type of solar panel usually needs to be purchased separately and costs about $30. If you decide to buy a solar wireless security camera bundle, don’t forget to put it in your shopping cart.
The best part of this solar long-lasting rechargeable battery wireless security camera is that it has very low energy consumption, eliminating the need for power outages without light and the camera can’t work.
C306 uses a large-capacity lithium-ion battery to work for a long time. When motion is detected, it wakes up quickly-greatly extending battery life, it can last up to 6 months (10 triggers/day) and one year of standby time.
The setup of this solar wireless security camera system is also very simple, just like the previous one, you only need to insert the battery, and then connect the camera to the solar panel with a USB cable.
Then, when the battery power is lower than 20%, you may receive an instant alert, the camera also supports real-time view, two-way audio function to listen and talk.
C306 Wire Free Rechargeable Battery Powered Camera
100% Wire-Free; Reliable Battery Performance; 1080P HD & 80ft Infrared Night Vision; PIR & motion detection; 2 Way Audio & Weatherproof IP66.
So how to pick the best outdoor solar powered wireless security camera?
Here is a checklist for you.
Wireless Security Cameras with Sufficient Solar Power Storage
The first thing you will care about the solar-powered things might be the exact time the stored solar power could hold, especially during cloudy days – what if there are weeks of pouring rain in your region?
Actually, that depends on many factors including the temperature, weather, seasons, location, shading, etc. No one could give you an exact answer to this. Perhaps your camera could only survive for several days with solar power, while others in Arizona, where the sun is always shining, will have no problem with the same solar-powered wireless security camera for months.
The best solution is to get a wireless IP camera and a solar panel bundle, which allows you to replace or charge the internal batteries in emergencies.
Solar Powered Outdoor IP Cameras with Vandal-Proof Design
The safety issue will come as a big problem when every one of you, as a cautious homeowner, thinks of the WIRE-FREE solar powered surveillance cameras.
What if the burglars steal the camera or its solar panel?
To secure your solar-powered wireless security cameras from vandalism or being taken straight away, most security cameras – whether solar or battery-powered – are equipped with a secure mount to help you fix the camera stably.
Another trick for securing your solar-powered wireless security camera is to mount it out of the burglars’ reach, such as the rooftop and the eaves.
Or you can easily hide the solar-powered WiFi camera with the camouflaged skin. Place the hidden solar camera near the bushes or other plants, it will hardly be noticed.
For more creative ideas to prevent your security camera from being tampered with, you may take 2 minutes to read this.
WiFi Solar Powered Outdoor Cameras with Waterproof Rating
Wherever you plan to place the solar-powered wireless security camera, remember that you expose it not only to the sun but also to the rain, snow and other adverse weather conditions at the same time.
So make sure that the solar panel and security camera are weather-resistant with IP65 (and above) rating, and the USB cable ports are well protected.
However, if there is expected heavy snow in your area, you’d better use solar power as a plan B since the snow covering in the panel will block the sunlight and greatly reduce the charging efficiency.
Editor’s note: Remember to check the panel’s operation temperature also, since the solar panel would generally be hard to charge at temperatures below freezing.
Solar Powered Security Cameras with Stable WiFi Connection
The wireless solar powered camera allows you to place it practically anywhere, like the remote construction sites, outdoors and gardens, mine sites, farms, car parks, etc.
Wherever it is, remember to make sure your solar-powered wireless IP camera is within the WiFi range.
ZOSI wireless cameras, for example, could receive WiFi signals 210-240 feet away if there are no obstacles in the open area, and 60 feet indoors with 2 walls in between.
If you are not so sure about whether the signal is strong enough for the outdoor solar powered wireless security camera to work, you may test it with your smartphone or just contact the camera support team for suggestions.
Wireless Solar Powered Security Cameras with Speaker/HD Images & More
More than just record and reply, the wireless solar powered security camera could be smarter with the following bonus features, covering your every need for video monitoring:
- WiFi solar-powered home cameras with HD Images & night vision. In order to see the plate number and identify people’s faces clearly day and night, you will need a security camera with 1080p (or above) resolution and IR night vision.
- Outdoor wireless solar powered security cameras with the speaker. The added built-in speaker enables you to not only hear what’s going on out there but also talk back, like giving your orders and warnings. While the audio quality differs greatly among models, you’d better test it yourself or ask for the audio demo before purchase.
- Wireless solar-powered IP cameras with remote viewing. Want to check on things whenever you are free? Do consider the remote viewing function. And the top-level solar cameras will offer a remote live view on smartphones, PCs and web browsers.
- WiFi solar powered surveillance cameras with movement sensors. You’ll come across either the software-based cameras or the PIR sensor-based ones on the market. To get more accurate motion alerts, choose the latter one which can tell the temperature differences when intruders approach.
- A solar-powered wireless security camera with wide-angle. In order to cover the whole monitoring area of the construction sites, farms and mines, it’s advised to choose the one with a wide viewing angle or set up a solar-powered camera system with DVR/NVR.
- Solar-powered WiFi surveillance system with H.264 video compression. (What is H.264?) When considering a solar wireless camera system, bandwidth and storage consumption matters a lot. In that case, the H.264 solar IP camera would be your best choice which is more network-friendly.
Although the solar power input depends on many factors and it is uncontrollable to an extent, there are still some tricks you could use to make the most of your solar-powered wireless security cameras at home and business.
- Choose a place that could get the most sunlight during the day, like the roof, wall, fence, etc.
- Mount the solar panel facing true south (in the northern hemisphere) or true north (in the southern hemisphere) to get optimal sun exposure.
- Clean the solar panel regularly to make sure the dust and debris would not affect solar power collecting.
What’s your choice of solar-powered wireless security cameras? Share your thoughts with us in the comment area. Any ideas are welcome.