NVR Operation – Setup > Basic
Basic > System
The Setup > Basic menu allows you to control the basic functions of your NVR through the three tabs.
The Basic > System tab enables you to change the date and time settings for your Zosi NVR, along with other customization options.
The Basic > System menu contains several settings to personalize your Zosi NVR.
The options, from top to bottom are as follows:
1. System Type: The name of your Zosi device. Left click to bring up the virtual keyboard to change the device name. Confirm and save changes by selecting the enter button.
2. System Number: The default is one, or you can manually enter a system number. Left click to bring up the virtual number pad to change the system number. Confirm and save changes by selecting the OK button.
3. Video Format: The option is set by the manufacturer depending on region. The default is locked to AUTO to ensure regional compatibility.
4. Password Check: Select whether you want to protect NVR access with a password. If selected you will need to input the password when accessing the NVR’s menus.
5. Show System Time: Select whether to display the current time on screen. The default is set to enable time display on screen.
6. Max Online Users: Select how many users can simultaneously access the NVR through the Mobile App. The default is set to 10.
7. Video Output: Select the output resolution. The NVR will default to outputting the highest resolution the NVR is capable of.
8. Language: Select the language you want the menus to be displayed in.
9. Logout After [Minutes]: Determine how long you want to stay logged into your Zosi NVR system before automatically logging out.
10. Setup Wizard: Select whether you want to Setup Wizard to appear the next time the NVR is powered on.
Basic > Date and Time
This menu will allow you to adjust the time settings for your Zosi NVR.
Date Format: Select between different formats to display the date. The options are:
- DD-MM-YY (default)
Time Format: Select between a 12 hour and 24 hour formats.
Time Zone: Select your current timezone.
Sync Time with NTP Server: Automatically update your system date and time with this feature. Check the box to sync the system time with an internet server. The default NTP server is provided by Windows.
NTP Server: Ensures you have an accurate system time. The default server is time.windows.com. It is recommended you use the default server. You can change the setting by left-clicking with the mouse, and inputting a new server using the virtual keyboard.
Update Now: Select this option after entering a new NTP Server to enable and save your changes.
System Date: Select the selected system date. To change the date click the calendar icon and select the accurate date from the calendar menu using the mouse.
System Time: Displays the current system time.
Basic > DST
Use this page to determine time changes caused by Daylight Savings time
- Enable: Select whether you want to enable the tracking of Daylight Savings Time on your system time.
- Time Offset [Hours]: Determine how many hours you want to offset the time. The default is 1.
- Mode: Select whether you want the DST settings to take effect on the week of Daylight Savings Time or on an exact date.
- From: Determine Daylight Savings starting time by clicking the calendar icon and selecting the appropriate date from the calendar menu.
- Until: Determine Daylight Savings end time by clicking the calendar icon and selecting the appropriate date from the calendar menu.