Wi-Fi HaLow Security System C302, dveloped by the ZOSI with Wi-Fi HaLow standard a new modality for wireless security solution. IEEE 802.11ah, or more commonly known as “Wi-Fi HaLow,” is a low-power, long-range Wi-Fi standard that provides 10 times the range, 100 times the area and 1,000 times the volume of traditional Wi-Fi – ideal for an security system at a large enterprise with multiple cameras, locks, doors, etc.
Wi-Fi HaLow Security System technology expected to deliver advanced functionality, cost savings for residential and enterprise deployments alike.
- Part 1: What is Wi-Fi HaLow
- Part 2: Benefits of Wi-Fi HaLow
- Part 3: Best Wi-Fi HaLow Security System C302
Part 1: What is Wi-Fi HaLow
Wi-Fi was invented only 20 years ago, and already there are 20 different standards based on it. There are the familiar 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz versions that we use on our laptops, but also 802.11ax, -aj, -bb, and more. They’re even starting to get names so we can keep them all straight, like Wi-Fi 6 and WiGig.
Add to that list 802.11ah, also known as Wi-Fi HaLow (pronounced like “halo”). Unlike most of the other revisions, HaLow isn’t intended to be a faster, smarter, more expensive version of Wi-Fi for PCs and laptops. While PCs crowd the airwaves at 2.4 and 5.0 GHz, HaLow sneaks in under the radar at around 900 MHz (in the U.S.). As any RF engineer will tell you, the lower the frequency, the longer the range, because it penetrates obstacles (walls, floors, etc.) better than higher frequencies do. The drawback is a lower data rate. With fewer waves to modulate, the longer wavelength means less encoded data per second.
Part 2: Benefits of Wi-Fi HaLow:
Many residential smart security solution available today were previously designed with a priority focus on low energy consumption at the expense of suffering very low data rates for their wireless communications technologies, such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, or proprietary radio protocols like Z-Wave. To reach an internet connection to enable remote control of the lock from a smart phone application, their proprietary gateways to the IP network are required at additional cost. The path to this gateway might require using a congested mesh of other like devices with very low data throughput and high latency. The prioritization of low energy consumption has constrained designers to use these technologies at the expense of reduced security and higher costs. Traditional Wi-Fi was rarely considered, due to its relatively high energy consumption and short reach.
With Wi-Fi HaLow, several advantages can be applied to smart security solutions. Wi-Fi HaLow is an IPv6-ready standard and can connect directly to a whole home Wi-Fi HaLow router. The narrow-band, sub-1 GHz radio signals travel much farther and penetrate walls more effectively than 2.4 GHz solutions such as Bluetooth and Zigbee, without the need for additional gateways or complex meshes. WPA3 security ensures all control signals are encrypted. The data rates of 10s of Mbps provide plenty of headroom for fast firmware updates in the event that new threats are detected. This greatly simplifies the connection to cloud-based home automation applications, without the burden of proprietary infrastructure for the home owner or lock manufacturer.
Wi-Fi HaLow Benefits:
- IMPROVED RANGE: Long range (up to 1 km) connectivity (in-outdoor Wi-Fi). It offers at least a 10 dB advantage over 2.4 GHz.Picture1-1
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION: Low power consumption for a multi-year battery operation. Whole home sensor coverage with 4 dBm output power & no external power amplifier. Supports enhanced power save MAC modes.
- RICH DATA RATES: Moderate data rates (up to 15 Mbps) with enough throughput to support TCP/IP, Internet discovery protocols and diverse applications such as voice, low/medium resolution video.
- SCALABLE: Can support large number of connected devices per access point, no need for repeaters and gateways. Supports over 1000 nodes.
- IP CONNECTIVITY: It is the same as Wi-Fi. You can easily integrate SX-NEWAH in an existing IP network.
- ROBUST WI-FI SECURITY: Enterprise grade Wi-Fi security. Also supports latest generation Wi-Fi® security – WPA3™.
- OUTDOOR COVERAGE: Support for larger delay spreads. Robust connections with superior penetration through walls and other industrial environments.
- WI-FI ECOSYSTEM: WFA certified interoperability and user experience.
Part 3: Best Wi-Fi HaLow Security System C302
Wi-Fi HaLow Security System C302, dveloped by the ZOSI with Wi-Fi HaLow standard a new modality for wireless security solution.
ZOSI 8-Channel 1080p Wireless Security Camera NVR System
- 1080p HD
- WiFi Connection
- AI Human Detection
- Light & Siren Alarm
- Color Night Vision
- 2-Way Audio
- Real-Time Alerts
- IP66 Weatherproof
C302 8 Channel Wireless Security Camera System
AI Human Detection, Proactive Sound & Siren Alarm, 100ft Color Night Vision, 1TB Hard Drive
ZOSI expects HaLow to catch on in home security cameras now, in part because of its increased range.
There’s no use putting a camera in the backyard if it can’t reach the Wi-Fi router in the opposite end of the house, and it’s no fun running Ethernet cables up a tree, either.
ZOSI promises longer battery life to go with HaLow longer wireless range, making it good for remote consumer devices.