DVR Operation – Alarm > Motion
Customize settings for motion detection alarms and recording. Learn how to set up a motion grid below.
- Channel List: List of available channels.
- Enable: Enable motion detection alarms for the specified channel.
- Holding Time: The time, in seconds, that need to pass after detecting motion before ending the alarm. If it continues to detect motion during that time, it will treat it as part of the same alarm and continue the alert until no motion has been detected for the Holding Time.
- Trigger: Select the ”Setting” button to set up Alarm and “To Record” functions. See Below
- Area: Select the “Setting” button to set up an area for motion detection. See below to learn how to set up a motion grid.
Use the bottom row to make changes for all channels.
Trigger > Alarm
Additional options that can be trigger when motion is detected.
- Buzzer: Select whether you want a beeping sound to emit from the DVR when motion is detected during the determined times.
- Show Full Screen: Select whether a specific channel appears on your monitor when this motion sensor has been triggered.
- To Alarm Out: This feature is not supported by this device.
- Email: Select whether an an email alert is sent when the motion sensor has been triggered.
- Snap: Select whether a snapshot of the screen is recorded once the motion sensor has been triggered.
Trigger > To Record
Select which additional channels will start recording when motion is detected. To enable this feature ensure a check mark is in the box beside the channel that you would like to record. Select “OK” to save changes.
How to Set Up a Motion Grid
A motion grid can be helpful for when you want to specify the area in which motion detection is enabled. By default the entire frame will be tracked for motion. Setting up a more specific motion detection area can be helpful for reducing false alarms, caused by things like passing cars or other public activity.
All areas covered by the grid are actively detecting motion. By default, all cameras detect 100% of their field of view out of the box.
To reduce the area covered by the grid, click and hold the left-button on the mouse and drag over the area where you want to stop detecting motion.
As you can see above, the roadway has been removed from the motion detection area, so now cars driving down the road will not trigger any motion detection recordings or alerts.
Select the “Save” icon to save your changes.
The options on the bar, from left to right are:
- Sensitivity Slider: Determines the amount of movement that will trigger motion detection . A lower sensitivity will require more significant movement to trigger motion detection.
- Select All: The entire screen is sensitive to motion detection
- Select None: Removes the Grid. None of the screen is sensitive to motion detection
- Test Sensitivity: Click and drag across the screen to simulate movement to ensure your sensitivity settings will pick up movement.
- Save: Select to save any changes to your sensitivity or motion grid settings.
- Close Menu: Closes the Sensitivity Menu. Right click on the mouse to restore the menu.