What are iPhone security camera APPs? Can I use my iPhone as a security camera?
To find the answers of all these questions about iPhone security camera, please kindly read through this post.
- The Best iPhone APPs for Home Security
- Security Cameras connect to iPhone App Step-by-Step with Sample Videos
- Turn Old iPhone into Security Camera for FREE (Step-by-Step Guide)
- iPhone Security Camera Not Working Issue Fixes
The Best iPhone APPs for Home Security
Between safety and protecting the items in your home, you have probably already considered installing a home security system. If yes, then the following is a list of apps that can help you in this regard offering a variety of tools and uses, which gives users the ability to pick what is best for their needs. Now you can feel safe and secure knowing your home is being monitored when you’re not there.
And here is a list of the popular apps to turn your iPhone into security camera:
|Product Category||Security Features||Drawbacks||iOS Version|
|X-Sense Home Security||
|Eye Spy Camera Lite||
Bonus: Previously, we have done a roundup of recommended free home security apps for Android and iOS users. Turn to the passage if you want know more about iPhone security camera apps.
Security cameras for iPhone are connected to home networks so that you can view what is going on there, even when you are hundreds of miles away.
A security camera for iPhone not only allows live view inside and outside the local home network, but also sends you push notifications and email alerts with pictures and videos to make sure you will not miss a thing.
Better than that, some iPhone security cameras from top security camera brands, take a step further to use the P2P technology, so you can link the security camera to iPhone in a breeze without any complex configuration. Anyone can handle it within minutes.
A step-by-step guide to set up iPhone security camera:
- Install security cameras iPhone app, like the free ZOSI app.
Launch the app and add iPhone security cameras to the app by entering the UID (Unique ID) and password.
- Click on the feed to view the live of security camera on iPhone.
To make things even easier, there are wire free security cameras with iPhone app which allows you to install the camera anywhere indoors and outdoors without wire hassle, literally. For example, the popular ZOSI C1.
- Motion Activated Light & Siren Alarm
- Rechargeable Battery Powered
- AI Human Detection
- Two Way AudioAI Human Detection
- Proactive Sound & Siren Alarm
- 100ft Color Night Vision
- 1TB Hard Drive
Most people have at least one old smartphone collecting dust in a drawer somewhere. You can sell your old phone or do a trade-in for a fraction of its purchase price, but if it still turns on, there are a number of good uses for old phones around the house. One of the most useful ways to upcycle an old phone is to convert it into a home security camera.
You’ll save a ton of cash by upcycling an old phone instead of buying a new home security camera. And setting it up isn’t hard. In fact, you can start using that old, dusty iPhone as a home security camera in just four steps.
How can you set up the iPhone security camera, after you get the best security camera app? Let’s cut right to the chase with a step-by-step walkthrough.
- Download the iPhone CCTV camera app from App Store, and install it on both iOS devices. You can use the older iPhone or iPad device as the security cam, and make your new iPhone as home security viewer and recorder.
- Log into the iPhone security camera app on both iPhones and iPads, and make sure you log in with the same account.
- Choose a spot for your phone security camera. Check where to place home security cameras if you are not sure. And you’d better locate the iPhone security camera near a power source, so that it can make 24/7 monitoring without running out of battery.
- In the app settings, you can set up the iPhone security features you want, like motion detection, alerts, recording mode.
Note: The night vision of your iPhone home security camera depends on the flashlight of your device. Turn the flashlight on if you need it to work at night.
Then you can start watch the live stream directly from your old iPhone. When you are out, you can also see what’s happening in your house with the iPhone home security camera.
iPhone Security Camera Not Working Issue Fixes
Some common problems you’ll find with your wireless iPhone security cameras can be categorized as:
- iPhone runs out of battery. When your iOS device runs out of battery, the whole iPhone security camera fails to work.
- No Internet. Compared to those security cameras with iPhone app, your DIY iPhone security camera will more likely to run into network failures. And it may also slow down your home network. If the WiFi cuts out, you need to use the LTE data.
- Bad night vision. Most branded night vision cameras feature advanced IR technology, which ensures a long night vision distance, while an iPhone surveillance camera counts on its flashlight to see at night.
- iPhone is stolen or missing. If you lost your DIY iPhone home security camera, there is risk that your camera will be accessed by burglars.
Note: The iPhone security camera setup guide also applies to the iPad security cameras which use an iPad as the monitoring device.
Ready to turn your old iPhone into security cameras, baby monitors, and pet cam for free? Actually, the professional home security cameras with iPhone apps are very affordable now. A quality class leading 5MP one could only cost you about $50 without any overheat or compatibility issues.